Calling a car accident lawyer might seem daunting and at times might feel like there is no end to the process. The never-ending updates, the constant calls from the adjusters and health insurance, and the list can go on and on. So when is the right time to call a car accident lawyer in Miami?
It is always recommended to call a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Not only can a car accident lawyer help guide you through the legal process of getting your money back if the car accident wasn’t your fault, they can help you get even the basic financial compensation packages like property damage. Property damage is one of the most common kinds of financial burdens that are placed on drivers that get into car accidents. Lots of motor operators will brush by property damage because they are scared of the adjusters or insurance companies.
Instead, they should call a car accident lawyer in Miami and get the help that they need for their property damage.
But why should I call a car accident lawyer? Aren’t they out to just get my money and then leave me to handle the rest?
That is absolutely not the case with our firm. Our firm focuses on making sure that all your necessities are taken care of. From the most basic property damage, to the most complex bodily injury that leaves you with crippling medical bills. You should never be the one that has to pay for the financial burden of a car accident that wasn’t your fault.
13 Steps to a Strong Personal Injury Case
- Call 911. It is of utmost importance to ensure the safety of everyone involved. However, never admit fault about the accident. Anything that goes alone the lines of “I’m sorry”, “It was my fault”, “I wasn’t looking”, etc. These are ALL words that admit fault. Instead, the best thing to do is to simply give the details and nothing else.
- Make sure you are ok. Your health is and should be your priority. Check up on yourself and ensure that you are okay. Check for blood, broken bones, pain, and make sure that there is nothing wrong with you. Whether you are injured or not, get off the main road and get to safety.
- If you are able to move, begin taking pictures of your accident. Take as many pictures of the damage as you can. Taking pictures of the property damage from both you and the other person is important. Further down the line, when you are talking to the insurance companies, you will need to provide proof that you ACTUALLY got injured.
- Take pictures of your injuries, if possible. Your injuries are just as, if not, more important than the damage of the property. Although property damage can be financially compensated easily through a body shop, bodily injury (even with proof and photos) is the most complicated part of the compensation.
- Speak with police. Ask for a copy of your statement, and note if you are not given one. Getting your police report (especially when you are not at fault) is a key step in getting your financial compensation. When getting your financial compensation, the insurance adjusters will ask for a police report. This is why it is important.
- Save any physical evidence, like photos and statements. Make sure that you keep the photos and statements for later use, until the case is over. While the case is still ongoing, any sort of photos and statements can be used for or against your case.
- Avoid saying anything to the other party involved. For instance, never say “I’m sorry!” This can be considered an admission of guilt. Although it may sound messed up, this is a serious reality. Just saying “I’m sorry” can ruin your case.
- Do not speak with your insurance company until you are treated for your injuries. Sometimes, they will try to contact you while you are still at the hospital! Not only does this disrupt the flow of treatment for you, it adds unnecessary stress. The insurance adjusters will constantly bombard you with calls and and offers to get rid of the claim.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Even if you feel fine, follow the prescribed treatment given by your physician. You may feel fine now, but that may not be the case in a few days, weeks, or months. The last thing you want is the case to be over, and then a few weeks later have the same pain come back up and bother you when the case is over and you are SUPPOSED to be healed.
- Save your medical bills from the accident. You may have many bills come in, as any medical treatment may be given by a separate provider. Many people do not realize that the ambulance, EMTs, doctors, surgeons, anesthesiologist, and more are all on separate tabs.
- Keep a journal of how you feel after the accident, as some injuries are not visible. Document any feelings of depression or anxiety. Also, document any internal pain you may be experiencing.
- Keep everything organized. Get a file folder or binder for everything related to your accident and keep it in one place.
- Follow the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations dictates the amount of time you have after an accident to settle your case. If you want compensation for your accident, you must begin the process within that time frame. Otherwise, you will be ineligible for compensation. In Florida, this time frame is four years from your accident.
Consult In a Lawyer, Even If It’s Not Their Field
If you already know a lawyer, it is a good idea to ask them for tips on how to find a lawyer near you. Although they may not be a car accident lawyer, they are still in the field of law. They may know a car accident lawyer and give you a recommendation. Especially if this is a lawyer you have worked with extensively, they will probably know your habits and the way you are. For example, maybe you only know a lawyer that takes care of worker’s comp and not car accidents. But these fields are intertwined and asking your lawyer for recommendations on a car accident lawyer can lead you to possibly another expert in that field that can help you.
Take Out The Middleman
If you want to truly take action into your own hands, go and look for a car accident lawyer on Google and be diligent with your search. This is the best way to get the result you want for your car accident.
Because of Google and modern day search engines, it is so easy to find a car accident lawyer in Miami. A quick search with the words “car accident lawyer near me” will give you all the car accident lawyers near your area. The next step is to check their Google reviews. Do they follow up? Do they reply to their Google reviews? Are the reviews generally good? These are all questions to consider when you are going through the Google My Business (GMB) of any law firm.
After checking out the GMB of the law firm, the website is next. Make sure that their website is aligned with their GMB and that the address and telephone number is correct. Read a few blog posts of their website. See what the website is about and see if the content is good. How does the lawyer look? Does the lawyer look personable? Is the content good?
If the lawyer checks out all your boxes and you feel comfortable with what you see online, call them and get an appointment. From there, the ball is in your court.
Finding a Car Accident Lawyer in Miami Near Me
Looking for a personal injury lawyer in Miami can be a hassle. It can take up a large part of your time even when you’re going through the injuries. Look no further for a car accident lawyer in Miami.
Our team of lawyers in Miami can give you the legal guidance you may need to deal with the injuries that you sustained. From something as minor as cuts and bruises to even the most devastating losses like wrongful death in Miami, any sort of loss sustained during a Miami car accident can be stressful to recover from. Losses that get too severe can result in bigger financial losses because of the inability to work or your loss of employment status (because you were gone for too long).
Don’t be alone when dealing with personal injuries as a result of a car accident in Miami. Call a Miami car accident lawyer and get a free consultation regarding your injuries. Jimmy De La Espriella will not only provide legal guidance for your car accident injuries, he and the rest of our lawyers will always be available to talk to for other questions and concerns regarding your injury. We are here for you and your health is our number one priority.
We are a “no win no fee” law firm. If we don’t win, then you don’t get charged anything, all fees are on us until we win you your case.